Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Working with Astological sigils

This weekend I spent the Samhain feast amongst the warmth of some new friends and the glow of some unusually kind heart's. The scene was set the feast was had enjoyed and I had myself one or two unusual experiences within the inner planes – which although wonderful and much prized later got me thinking.


The inward eye may always see but what exactly does it be looking at most of the time? And how can someone as ranty and symbol obsessed as myself channel beyond the superficial clutter to that deeper resonance of truth.


So as I clambered onto the train today, begrudgingly carrying weak tea in one hand and a newly purchased copy of one of Valerie worths master pieces in the other all ready to enjoy the journey home when I remembered back to when I first started scrying – and the advice that made its way to me.


Tradition holds that planetary symbols can be used to test the intentions of the spirit/ entity/ accuracy of a personal revelations.


It's a technique I used to use when I first started scrying (awh, they were the days!) and attempting to interpret charts. Although like all things it isn't perfect with challenges and flaws of its own (which you'll hopefully, like myself, quickly come accustomed too after you start using them) but was once a very mighty tool among my small arsenal of trikes of the trade. For a reason unknown I hadn't used it in some time – but I now plan to change all that :)


An example of this would be the other night, with Samhain in full swing and the arms of the dusk held me as I snuggled up in a camping bag on a deliciously soft sofa, during which the movement and trotting of those unnamed were heard coursing up and down outside the house.


Sleep had me in that lulled sense of space that only a warm fire and perhaps a dream or two of a young jude law can conjour up but I managed to drew with my mind the Sigil of Tested Imagination – that of the Planet Mercury while vibrating it's Hebrew corresponding letter of Beth. The noise continued and according to the voices shared over a very enjoyed brekkie was heard by others in the house – which on the very basic level of a craved realism (the father would be as proud!) is proof enough for me :)


However those of you other there who want a more elegant array planetary gestures for testing spirits and intuitions should give Planetary Magick by Melitta Denning and Osborn Phillips a look into.


These are some of the Sigils and Letters of the planets:

The theory and practice is that if you suspect that one of these factors may be influencing your vision, chart interpretation or scrying session you can project an image of the corresponding Hebrew letter into the scene.


It will cause the scene/thoughts to darken or diminish, or even disappear if the scene is in fact the sort of projection you suspect it to be.


There is of course a wariness of introducing extraneous powers into a vision/thought-form in this way as it could very well cause more problems than it might solve and is in no way a replacement for common sense of a good banishing. (Just had to say that)


Here's hoping you enjoy and find some use:)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post again, something as basic as this tends to get overlooked as many people begin skyring with no real resources at their disposal. Also I have been having some dreams, pretty sure from my subconscious but testing them for important messages can't be too harmful... :)

    ReplyDelete